Friday, September 20, 2013

My family On Mama's Side Part 3

Sis & Wayne
 Junior
Shirley and Shelby
On this page with some of the grandchildren -  let's talk about
Grandpa -  a man of few words and a great work ethic.
Junior reminded me that when Grandpa was out walking, he would
be looking down.  I thought it might be that he had to look down
so much when he was sanding floors.  Junior told me he found
some really good things and loved showing them to us.


I do remember one of the happiest days of his life. One of
us had registered his name in a drawing for a new car that
the Big Bear on South Main was giving away.  And, guess
what happened next. He won a new car and after looking at it for a long while, he decided to sell his big prize.  I don't think he ever drove.
This would have been late 40's or early 50's.  Grandpa
always went to Stroud's  Grocery or the A & P.  Needless
to say, I bet Big Bear became a favorite place for him to shop.                          



Carol Dean with her Uncle Grady

2 comments:

  1. great pics.. id love to see more. this is Michael Carols son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is carols son. id like to see more pics.from then to now.

    ReplyDelete